Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gaming on an iTablet


There's been much speculation about how the soon to be announced Apple tablet will revolutionize gaming, much as the iPhone has. The problem, its just more of the same Apple "Xfactor" at work. Tablets have been around for years. I myself picked up a HP tablet/laptop last year for $600. The iTablet is going to be over $1000. Gaming on a tablet does indeed offer a unique angle on gaming, Crayon Physics Deluxe is a good example.

However, while the iPhone gets hype for its 'drop in pocket' gaming portability. But no matter how light and thin the new Apple tablet is, its still not going to fit in my pocket, so I may as well carry around my PC laptop, which transforms into a tablet, that already has a huge gaming library. As far as iPhone game sales go for the iTunes, most are played for a week, then never looked at again, hardly what I'd consider true gaming, more like a quick way to pass them time.

No comments: