Sunday, February 08, 2015

The List - February 2015

PC games worthy of mention for this month, ordered by my interest. (Monthly US releases are only estimated, game may end up all hype and really suck).  The List is back after the usual holiday hiatus.  A slow start for 2015; but hey, its a start.

Homeworld Remastered
The granddaddy space RTS that I never played.  Now for people that kept saying they'd go back and give it a try.  Now you can, in modern elements.



Dying Light
Made from the makers of Dead Island, this game will seem very similar.  Along with what was seen before such as weapon mods, zombie creature things, and coop gameplay; we also get parkour movement, day vs night situations and mostly a solid survival game.  Like with Dead Island, dont expect much of a story.


Evolve
From the makers of Left for Dead, comes a new take at the 4v1 genera.  Here we have 4 hunters with unique powers trying to hunt down a monster that is getting stronger the longer it hides from the hunter.  Doesn't sound great at first, but Turtle Head devs are very good at game production.


Sunless Sea
I ... love  ..boats.  I liked Leviathan. I liked The Last Admiral, and darn it, I liked building a navy in Supcom.  So this game perks my bias.  Its an Adventure/RPG/Rougelike game where you are boat surrounded by some beautiful artwork.


No comments: