Thursday, August 25, 2011

Past the Hype - 1st half of 2011

[Past the Hype focuses on the games that have been featured in the monthly The List, that failed miserably in reviews. Its my way of saying, sorry I as was sucked into thinking this game was going to be good.] January - July 2011.  Gotta admit, this list is longer then I would have predicted, really upsetting on the part of the following titles.

BulletStorm
Its no secret, I don't like Epic.  Its like they made this game to prove how they couldn't make a prophet on the PC anymore.  If your going to play a game that's as dumb as Duke Nuke'm, play the real thing.

Dungeons
The game that compared itself to the classic Dungeon Keeper.  It never made the expectations.  Probably one of those games that improves if you pay $5 for it.

Test Drive Unlimited 2
They forgot to add the driver sim part to the game.

Dawn of War: Retribution
Just make DoW 3 already.  The amount of DLC that came out for this game rates up there with the amount of hats in Team Fortress.  Even if this game was good, when I see a over dozen $5 DLCs it tells me its not a game for me. Micro-transaction hell.


Homefront
It tried too hard to be like the newer CoDs.  A series that is dead to me, as it should be to all true gamers.


Hunted: Demon's Forge
Meh, just didn't live up to what it tried out to be.

Brink
I'm still waiting for a large content pack to be put out for this game.  Something that says, here's the rest of your game, sorry for the half ass'd thing you just bought.  I expect that day will never come.  If you want another Borderland ...wait for Borderland 2.


Dungeon Siege 3
Its time to let this series rot.  Nothing good really came out of the game reviews.

No comments: