Sunday, January 31, 2010

Best of PC Games of the Decade 2000-2009 per year

The hardest problem doing a list like this, is simply, I'm not made of money or time. I haven't played them all. I suppose this equals a real reaction that real people have. I have a firm belief, when a gamer only buys 3 games a year, they're going to have a greater level of criticism, higher expectations for a game, unlike a professional game reviewer (whom gets paid to review, and in turn is given the game for review).

Another element, games devalue over time, so its likely, I've played all the good games between 2000-2007, but still light on the 2008,2009 titles. Availability is a factor; for example, is it on Gametap? In fact, I generally stay away from doing my own lists like this, but hey, every 10 years I'll make the exception.

Note: this list is, in part, formed by other popular opinions that I have come to respect and fit the above description of being 'everyday gamers', meaning: I may have not personally played all on this list...yet. Missing generas for each year = nothing that great for that category, for that year. That said, my listing will look very different then most online.

Lastly For the Best overall game from 2000 - 2009 check out my article: Overall Best PC Games of the Last Decade

2000

2001

2002

2003

2004

2005

2006

2007

2008

2009


No comments: